TOPS Has MORE Ways to Make Halloween Special!
Whether you're planning a Halloween of trick-or-treating with the kids or having some little monsters over to celebrate, TOPS has some health and safety tips and recipes to ensure your haunting holiday is a screaming success. We even offer templates and tips for carving the perfect pumpkin. Happy Halloween from TOPS!
Safe & Healthy Halloween Tips
Halloween is an exciting time of year for kids, and to help ensure they have a safe and fun holiday, here are some important tips:
- Plan costumes that are bright and reflective or consider adding reflective tape to costumes and trick-or-treat bags.
- Make sure costumes are short enough to prevent tripping or contact with a flame.
- If a sword, cane or stick is part of your child's costume, make sure it is not sharp or too long.
- Feed children a good meal before sending them out trick-or-treating.
- Make sure you have working flashlights with fresh batteries.
- A parent or responsible adult should always accompany young children on their trick-or-treating adventures.
- If older children are going alone, plan and review an acceptable route and agree on a specific time they should be home.
- Closely examine all treats and throw away any spoiled, unwrapped or suspicious items.
- Allow children to choose their favorite treats to eat Halloween night and then ration the rest over the following days.