Yield: 12 servings
Preparation Time: 20 min; Total: 40 min
|1||package||(10 ounces, about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows OR 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows|
|6||cups||Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal|
|1/2||cup||M&Ms Brand Chocolate Candies|
|Canned frosting OR decorating gel (optional)|
|12||plastic snap-apart 3 x 2-inch Easter eggs|
Yield: 12 servings
Approximate Nutrient Content per serving:
|Calories From Fat:||36|
Serving Size: 1 egg treat
Please Note: Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements, products and brands used to prepare the recipe.
1. Clean, then coat inside of plastic eggs with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add JET-PUFFED Marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using greased hands, firmly press 1/4 cup of the cereal mixture into each plastic egg half. Use fingers to make hollow center in each half. Remove from molds. Place on wax paper. Cool slightly.
5. Place about 6 M&M'S Brand Chocolate Candies in one half of each egg. Gently press two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
6. Decorate with frosting and additional M&M'S Brand Chocolate Candies (if desired). Best if served the same day.
Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 through 6 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 ounce) marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
Please note that some ingredients and brands may not be available in every store.