1 Ratings 0 Comments
Yield: 18 sliders
Preparation Time: Total Time: 1 hr; 5 min
Yield: 18 sliders
Approximate Nutrient Content per serving:
|Calories From Fat:||54|
Nutrition information per serving (1/18 of recipe). This recipe is an excellent source of protein and selenium; and a good source of niacin, vitamin B6 and zinc.
Please Note: Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements, products and brands used to prepare the recipe.
1. Combine barbecue sauce and chipotle peppers; reserve 3/4 cup sauce mixture. Brush some of remaining sauce mixture onto all sides of roast.
2. Place roast on grid over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill. Grill; covered 25 to 35 minutes for medium rare (135 degrees F) to medium (150 degrees F) doneness, basting roast with remaining sauce while grilling and turning occasionally.
3. To prepare Slaw, combine coleslaw mix, bell pepper, green onions, dressing and cilantro in medium bowl; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135 degrees F for medium rare; 150 degrees F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 20-25 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10 degrees F to reach 145 degrees F for medium rare; 160 degrees F for medium.)
5. Carve roast across the grain into thin slices. Toss with reserved 3/4 cup sauce mixture.
6. Evenly divide beef slices, coleslaw and tortillas among biscuits. Close sandwiches.
Test Kitchen Tips:
To prepare roast in the oven, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Brush sauce mixture onto all sides of roast. Place on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425 degrees F oven 30 to 40 minutes for medium rare; 40 to 45 minutes for medium doneness. Baste roast with remaining sauce 10 minutes before finished roasting. Remove roast from oven and let stand as directed in step 4.
Recipe courtesy of The National Cattlemen's Beef Association
Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Please note that some ingredients and brands may not be available in every store.