Cash for Causes
Who can participate
Any official 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization can participate in the Cash for Causes program!
- Little Leagues
- School bands
- Parent-teacher organizations
- Religious groups
- Senior citizen organizations
- Youth clubs
Use the money for anything your group needs.
- Sports equipment
- Field trips
- Supplies for school
- Building repairs
No time limits.
Raise money during a specific time period or participate all year long!
Cash for Causes is a great fundraising opportunity because people purchase groceries all year long.
You don't have to ask people to make donations or buy extra products. Simply ask them to shop with gift cards instead of cash or credit!
Cash for Causes is easy.
Here’s how it works:
- Your organization purchases TOPS Living Here Giving Here gift cards from our Gift Card Department at a 5% discount (minimum order - $500).
- You resell them to your group members, family, neighbors and friends who use the gift cards just like cash when they do their grocery shopping at TOPS.
Earn your share – get started today!
You must be a registered 501c3 not-for-profit organization to participate in the Cash for Causes program.
- Submit a request to participate in the program on your organization’s letterhead. Please include organization name, contact, address, telephone number and the total dollar amount desired, where to send the cards, and a breakdown of the Gift Card denominations.
- Include a copy of your tax-exempt, not-for-profit number form (not your Federal Tax ID form).
- FAX both documents to 716-635-5956 or, Email both documents to email@example.com
- You can also mail both documents to Cash for Causes, TOPS Markets, LLC, P.O. Box 1027, Buffalo, NY 14240-1027.
- You can place your first order with us as soon as you receive written confirmation of your acceptance (usually within one week).
It’s fun and easy to watch your funds grow!
- Pre-printed flyers with program information
- Posters informing people where to buy your gift cards
- Table tent cards to use at group meetings when you sell gift cards
The fundraising solution that really pays!
$100 on groceries
each week would
American Association of University Women - Ellen Wright
- "This is a wonderful program for us! Our profits go toward education and legal advocacy for women and girls. Thank you for this opportunity."
Camden Continental Fife and Drum Corp - Jeff Waterman
- "Love it - Enables us to raise money that we couldn't do otherwise. We use the funds raised to purchase equipment and fund trips. Hard to raise money just marching these days."
St. Josaphat Church
- "We promote the discount gift card program through our school, newsletter and in our weekly bulletins. In the last year, we have raised nearly $6,200 to help pay bills for both the parish."
14 Holy Helpers School
- "It takes no money to run it and you benefit from it! The money that is raised from the orders we get from families go towards the kid’s tuition. (Cash for Causes) is a real no brainer."
- "The TOPS discount card program is definitely a win-win situation. I rate it very highly as it allows us to offer tuition reduction programs to our students."
St. Joseph's School
- "During the school year, we order roughly $2,700 - $4,500 weekly and we have raised about $7,000 in the last year. This is a nice way to shop and raise money for our school."
St. Mary's School
- "We’ve raised nearly $18,000 to help pay operating expenses at the school."
Sign up and start earning your share of Cash for Causes now!
- The minimum group Gift Card order is only $500! Once you’re accepted, orders placed are usually received within 3 to 5 business days.
Still have questions?
Call a Customer Service Representative at
1-800-522-2522 and choose option 4